Our History

 

Bethlehem U.M.C is located at 136th and Olio Rd. in Fall Creek Township, Hamilton County.  The church was founded in November, 1844, as a "class" of the United Brethren Church, with 18 charter members. We are celebrating our 175th anniversary as a continuous community of faith in 2019!

 

The first meeting of the church was held in a log barn on the Josiah and Elizabeth Crook homestead near 136th and Prairie Baptist Rd.  About 1845 a log building was erected on Olio Road, southeast of the present site.

 

In 1851 a frame church was constructed at the present location.  During a reconstruction project, 1912-1914, the original building was moved a few feet and rotated onto our finished basement.  New additons to the front and rear were also made at that time.  Many upgrades have been made since then, most recently of the lower level kitchen, chairlift, and meeting rooms in 2013, and of the Sanctuary in 2015.

 

In 1968 the EUB denomination merged with the Methodist Church and we became Bethlehem United Methodist Church.

 

We are proud of our rich Hoosier heritage here at Bethlehem UMC!

© 2015 by Bethlehem United Methodist Church- Fishers, IN and Proudly created with Wix.com