Bethlehem UMC celebrated it's 175th anniversary as a continuous community of faith in 2019. The church began in November 1844 with 18 charter members as a "class" of the United Brethren Church. The first meeting was held in a log barn on the Josiah and Elizabeth Crook homestead near 136th and Prairie Baptist Road.
Around 1845, a log building was erected on Olio Road, southeast of the present site. In 1851, a frame church was constructed at the present location at 136th and Olio Road in the Fall Creek Township of Fishers, Indiana in Hamilton County. In 1968 the United Brethren Church denomination merged with The Methodist Church, and we became Bethlehem United Methodist Church.
During a reconstruction project from 1912-1914, the original building was moved a few feet and rotated onto our finished basement. New additions to the front and rear were also made at that time. Many upgrades have been made since then, most recently the Sanctuary in 2015 and the Fellowship Hall in 2021.